You have reached the
Friends of Hunting Island News
Starting in 2013, the Log will be available online and come
to you by email as a link to our PDF.
For a limited time, we will still mail some copies by regular mail.
In the news:
- 1/29/13: Eat, Sleep, Play, Beaufort; Thanks, Higher Ground
- 1/5/12: Island News Online; Pelican Plunge
- 1/2/13: Island News; Pelican Plunge Party
- 1/1/13: Gazette/Packet; Pelican Plunge
- 12/26/12: Island News; Are You Plunging?
- 12/20/12: Island News; Highlighting Pete & Jamie Wolf
- 12/19/12: Lowcountry Weekly; Let's Take the Plunge
- 11/8/12: Island News; PaddleFest 2012
- 10/18/12: Island News; 5k Wrap Up
- 10/18/12: Island News; Sweetgrass Friends
- 10/5/12: The Digitel; 5K Returns to Hunting Island
- 10/5/12: Island News; Hunting Island Annual 5K Run/Walk
- 7/19/12: Island News; Sand Castle Contest
- 6/7/12: Island News; World Ocean Day
- 4/12/12: Island News; Higher Ground Supports Hunting Island Shoeless
- 4/5/12: Island News; Easter at the Park
- 12/30/11: Packet/Gazette; 2012 Pelican Plunge
- 12/28/11: Island News; Plunge on Jan 1, 2012
- 11/3/11: Island News; PaddleFest 2011
- 8/18/11: Packet/Gazette; Gullah Celebrate the Sea
- 7/29/11: Packet/Gazette; 2011 Sand Sculpture Event
- 6/28/10: WSAV; Holly Bounds on Hunting Island Friends )
June 18, 2011 — GREAT NEWS:
Friends of Hunting Island was recognized as a tourism leader last night during the Civitas Award and Annual meeting ceremony. Walking the red carpet were Bonnie Wright and Bruce Doneff. Accepting the award was Bonnie Wright. This is a wonderful achievement that for which we should be very proud. We know we are good at environmental and ecological endeavors. But to be recognized for our efforts in promoting tourism in the Low-country is truly an outstanding accomplishment. It's a credit to the hard work done by all of you and our members; from trails to accessibility, from trash to turtles, from docent talks to nature walks. Congratulations to all of you for your continued hard work and support of Friends of Hunting Island.
As a special note.....our own Bruce Doneff was nominated for the Beaufort Alumni award for among other things his work on the Leadership program. Congratulations to you Bruce and a special thank you for all you do for Friends and the Beaufort Community.
— Jon Greene, President, FOHI