Hunting Island State Park Programs & Events
ANNOUNCING Nature Center Events:
Hunting Island State Park offers educational programs geared toward a broad spectrum of interests and age groups, ranging from school children to senior citizen groups. As interest in the programs has grown, the demand has far outstripped the park's available manpower. Consequently, Friends of Hunting Island volunteers have been trained in program presentation and nature interpretation.
Friends of Hunting Island volunteers help the Park present various slide shows, interpretive talks, fish printing classes, and lighthouse tours.
- ♦ Alligator Talk
- ♦ Beach Explorations!
- ♦ Butterflies
- ♦ Carolina Explorers: Nature Arts & Crafts
- ♦ Fish Printing
- ♦ In Search of the Elusive Blue Crab
- ♦ Lighthouse Talks - Sunrise Climb
- ♦ Pier Fishing
- ♦ Reptiles of the Lowcountry
- ♦ Salt Marsh Kayaking
- ♦ SC Native Americans & Dreamcatchers
- ♦ Secrets of the Salt Marsh
- ♦ A Walk in the Woods
- ♦ Wildflowers
- ♦ Why Knot?
FRIENDS of HUNTING ISLAND EVENTS